InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< September 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House for sale in General Inzovo
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> In Bulgaria Free Ads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devondumpling
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 am 
Post subject: House for sale in General Inzovo

For personal reasons, we need to sell our lovely home here and move back to UK. We need as much as we can because we have no financial assets. Please pm. Cost is in euros 69,950 I have tried to add an attachment, without success - sorry!
We have several shops, including a chemist, drapers, post office, bars, restaurant, large park, public swimming pool. About an hour's drive to the coast - Bourgas etc. and 20 mins from Yambol. Attached to our house and large garden, we have our own field, which would lend itself to anyone wanting to start a kennels or other small business. 2 substantial outbuildings and a greenhouse. 3 large bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, utility room, conservatory, downstairs cloakroom and upstairs bathroom with corner bath and shower cubicle. Indoor stairs, and enclosed porches back and front. Spacious garage with electric door. |Agent is Bulgarianrealestate, ref. B5090

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Hi dd, i've been looking at the Yambol area (among others) for about 8 months now so hope you don't mind a few pointers?

1. PM mestala on this forum, he pulled his house from the same agents - not sure why but it might be worth you asking in case it's relevant to you.

2. General Inzovo is served by Optinet, fibre connection with speeds of up to 200mbps and from what I've been told they are far more reliable than go-go net. This is a big selling point (digital nomads in particular), maybe ask your agent to make more of this on your advert?

3. Take some complimentary pics of your village (swimming pool. bars etc) and ask the agent to add them to your advert. First thing potential buyers do is go to Google Street View without knowing it is over 5 years out of date. One of the things that drew me to GI was a sunset shot, it really fires the imagination.

4. You have a large garden but there's very little of it shown on the advert. Maybe take a few pics from an elevated position (eg upper room) which gives a better ida of the layout of your land.

5. If you have storage tanks then ask agent to mention it as it puts potential buyers minds at ease should there be any water issues. If you have a well that doesn't dry up in summer also ask them to mention it.

6. The part you won't like - I came across your advert s few weeks ago and didn't add it to my list, purely because of the price. There are other houses (albeit smaller but with similar garden size) for 20k less, some with swimming pools. In fact there is one in GI for 48.5k, smaller house but for me buying this and adding a conservatory would make far more sense. As said, I've been trawling the agents for months and anything above 40k seems to really struggle to sell unless it has something outstanding to offer (views, pool etc). At 70k you're in the same bracket as a 3-bed villa with a pool close to the coast and quite a way above similar properties in the Yambol, Sliven and Elhovo areas.

On the plus side, judging by FB posts there are plenty of people looking at the Yambol area, though they tend to be looking for lower priced properties (sub 30k). Good luck with your sale though, sorry you have to return to the UK.

Last edited by JJON on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

Here is the link to the Real Estate Agent's listing:-

http://www.bulgarianrealestateonline.com/Property?referenceNo=B5090

JJON, I rented a house in General Inzovo back through the spring and summer of 2009 and I wasn't aware of any mains water problems where I was albeit, a Brit couple that lived right up overlooking the village did suffer severe low pressure problems during the summer months.

I know of another Expat couple also living in an elevated position overlooking their village in the North of Bulgaria and they also suffer low water pressure problems during the summer months whilst their relatives down below have no water pressure problems at all.

DD's house is not in an elevated position and I have never heard her complain about any lack of water pressure.

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm 
Post subject:

MW, I did not take JJON's water shortage comment to mean low pressure. To talk about storage tanks and well, I took it to mean that in his opinion the water goes off a lot.
The only thing I found a bit relevant in the list was maybe to PM Mestala about why he took his house away from this agent, that is if he is prepared to tell DD.
I understand that he is probably trying to help but every buyer is different and the advice is from one person who has been looking for 8 months to someone who has lived here for several years.
As for the pricing comments, there are other houses on that site around the same price with much less land and nowhere near as nice as DD's house.

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
MW, I did not take JJON's water shortage comment to mean low pressure. To talk about storage tanks and well, I took it to mean that in his opinion the water goes off a lot.
The only thing I found a bit relevant in the list was maybe to PM Mestala about why he took his house away from this agent, that is if he is prepared to tell DD.
I understand that he is probably trying to help but every buyer is different and the advice is from one person who has been looking for 8 months to someone who has lived here for several years.
As for the pricing comments, there are other houses on that site around the same price with much less land and nowhere near as nice as DD's house.

Well, JJON says that he has been looking at properties in the Yambol area for 8 months and I actually lived in General Inzovo for 8 months albeit back in 2009, but there were no problems with the mains water back then where I was renting and I have never read on any of the forums that I frequented about anyone complaining about the water being switched off there on a regular basis......

Let's see what DD says about the water herself as it is unfair to tar everyone with the same brush unless there is some truth in it.

No idea why JJON would want to bring BRE into the post. I am of the belief that DD bought her house through them in the first place and a lot of Brits use them, but of course, you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:

Well, JJON says that he has been looking at properties in the Yambol area for 8 months and I actually lived in General Inzovo for 8 months albeit back in 2009, but there were no problems with the mains water back then where I was renting and I have never read on any of the forums that I frequented about anyone complaining about the water being switched off there on a regular basis......

Let's see what DD says about the water herself as it is unfair to tar everyone with the same brush unless there is some truth in it.

No idea why JJON would want to bring BRE into the post. I am of the belief that DD bought her house through them in the first place and a lot of Brits use them, but of course, you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

There was a post on FB a few weeks back where someone was complaining they had been without water for days, one of the replies was that there's always water problems. From the perspective of someone looking to buy in the area, that's very off-putting, hence the suggestion about listing a storage tank if DD has one.

As for mentioning BRE, a poster on this forum withdrew their property from their listings having found something out about them, I thought it was worth mentioning as DD is in the same position (listing a property with them). I have no idea what the issue was or if it was relevant to DD but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:23 am 
Post subject:

Friends of mine who live that way on,[not in G.I] have had to install a large water tank as they have water shortages,I've know them for quite a few years now and they had never mentioned it before,although it seems they have always had the problem. Sad  
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

Well, I have just been exchanging messages with a Lady that lives in General Inzovo for many years now and who owns and lets out a number of properties in the area.

She says that ''Miladinovtsi'' has big water shortage problems, but Inzovo like most Bulgarian villages has normal running Mains Water outside of burst pipes and repairs.

The House that I mentioned up on the Hill that I said did suffer low water pressure during the summer now has new owners and they have installed Water Tanks. She is not aware of any water shortage problems elsewhere and especially where DD's house is located.

This Lady has no reason to spin a yarn, is not selling anything and suggests that the ''harbinger of bad news'' should go live there for a while before degrading the place and spoiling someone's sales effort. I must say, I agree with her. Idea

Let us provide proof or, move on.

devondumpling
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 am 
Post subject:

Thank you, JJon for adding to the information on our home and Inzovo, it saves me the trouble. Yes, it is a very good village. I can't remember the last time we had water cut off, and we've lived here thirteen years. Granted we had some in the much earlier years, but that was fixed a very long time ago. I think the lady you refer to who has had problems in that directions lives many miles away, although her address comes within the Yambol Region - it's a big place!

We have no problems at all I can think of, and if we did, our lovely English speaking kmet would do his best to sort them out. As to the house on the hill, also advertised online, it has a lovely view, but is rather smaller than ours and their approach road not good. Nothing to do with the price of our house, but I am disabled and can only venture out on my buggy or in the car. We are much more central to shops and all facilities, including buses, if I could use them.

Thank you to MW for his input, he knows our house well, and the village, and to ZZ for hers, I appreciate both. Oh, and we did use BRE when we bought the house, they were good and we still remain friends with the original owners of the business, and use the present people for assistance in other areas. Maybe I will get in touch again with Mestala, we have corresponded on other matters before and met for coffee previously in Yambol. Good luck with your search for a suitable house, JJon. I'm not sure you will ever find one!

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:57 am 
Post subject:

MW you seem to have somewhat missed my point. The issue isn't whether there actually are water issues in the village, it's whether potential buyers believe there is a water issue. There is very little info available on GI but FB is an excellent means of reading what people living there have to say. The 'new owners' of the house on the hill put it back on the market almost a year ago, it joined my growing list of potential properties. When I read the post about there being water issues I was tempted to cross it off the list, but for the fact that it has large water storage tanks listed on its advert. Hence my advice about asking agent to add this info if it applies to DD. Having said that, your description of it having 'severe' pressure issues has me thinking again. Confused

As for the lady you have contacted...
Moscow_Wolf wrote:
Well, I have just been exchanging messages with a Lady that lives in General Inzovo for many years now and who owns and lets out a number of properties in the area.

This Lady has no reason to spin a yarn, is not selling anything and suggests that the ''harbinger of bad news'' should go live there for a while before degrading the place and spoiling someone's sales effort. I must say, I agree with her. Idea

So this lady who is not selling anything (other than rental leases on her own properties) thinks I should go live there for a while. Question

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
She is not aware of any water shortage problems elsewhere and especially where DD's house is located.

How can there be no water shortages but especially in one location? It's a bit like saying no house in GI has a dog, especially this house. Sounds like agents' speak to me. Laughing

Having said that, I could have worded point 5 better so have edited it.

Proof as requested MW, the third comment is the one I have been referring to (it's from someone who lives in the village but doesn't have several properties to rent out Laughing )

Last edited by JJON on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 am; edited 3 times in total
JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:05 am 
Post subject:

devondumpling wrote:
Thank you, JJon for adding to the information on our home and Inzovo, it saves me the trouble. Yes, it is a very good village. I can't remember the last time we had water cut off, and we've lived here thirteen years. Granted we had some in the much earlier years, but that was fixed a very long time ago. I think the lady you refer to who has had problems in that directions lives many miles away, although her address comes within the Yambol Region - it's a big place!

We have no problems at all I can think of, and if we did, our lovely English speaking kmet would do his best to sort them out. As to the house on the hill, also advertised online, it has a lovely view, but is rather smaller than ours and their approach road not good. Nothing to do with the price of our house, but I am disabled and can only venture out on my buggy or in the car. We are much more central to shops and all facilities, including buses, if I could use them.

Thank you to MW for his input, he knows our house well, and the village, and to ZZ for hers, I appreciate both. Oh, and we did use BRE when we bought the house, they were good and we still remain friends with the original owners of the business, and use the present people for assistance in other areas. Maybe I will get in touch again with Mestala, we have corresponded on other matters before and met for coffee previously in Yambol. Good luck with your search for a suitable house, JJon. I'm not sure you will ever find one!

Good to know DD. I've amended point 5 as it could have been worded better, I'm sure MW won't mind doing the same where he has quoted me.

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 pm 
Post subject:

JJON wrote:
MW you seem to have somewhat missed my point. The issue isn't whether there actually are water issues in the village, it's whether potential buyers believe there is a water issue. There is very little info available on GI but FB is an excellent means of reading what people living there have to say. The 'new owners' of the house on the hill put it back on the market almost a year ago, it joined my growing list of potential properties. When I read the post about there being water issues I was tempted to cross it off the list, but for the fact that it has large water storage tanks listed on its advert. Hence my advice about asking agent to add this info if it applies to DD. Having said that, your description of it having 'severe' pressure issues has me thinking again. Confused

As for the lady you have contacted...
Moscow_Wolf wrote:

So this lady who is not selling anything (other than rental leases on her own properties) thinks I should go live there for a while. Question

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
She is not aware of any water shortage problems elsewhere and especially where DD's house is located.

How can there be no water shortages but especially in one location? It's a bit like saying no house in GI has a dog, especially this house. Sounds like agents' speak to me. Laughing

Having said that, I could have worded point 5 better so have edited it.

Proof as requested MW, the third comment is the one I have been referring to (it's from someone who lives in the village but doesn't have several properties to rent out Laughing )

Firstly, the properties to rent out in the AREA not particularly G.I. albeit, I rented the house that she now lives in herself and she has or had other properties in G.I. back then, but I do not know about now only that she has properties she lets out in other villages and on the Black Sea.

Secondly, I did say that I know of another Brit couple up on a hill in another part of Bulgaria suffering the same low water pressure problems during the summer months. I will not go into detail trying to explain the situation, but these problems are usually deliberate because a Vodameister has turned the pumping station pressure down.

Thirdly, I did say from the outset that the only location that I was aware of that suffered low water pressure in G.I. during the summer months was up on that hill albeit, if I remember correctly, they did also have a Well for watering their garden. I was aware that it was sold, but to whom and the fact that it was back on the market for a year or so, is/was of no interest to me albeit, I would have recommended anyone in that situation to harvest rainwater and fill tanks from the Mains Water when the pressure is higher during the nighttime. Therefore, YES, you can experience water PRESSURE problems in elevated parts of certain villages and have no problems whatsoever down below as it depends on where the water supply comes from and whether or not the Pump is allowed to do its job or is inadequate to do its job in which case, in due course after repeated lobbying, it will be changed.

Fourthly, I do sometimes wonder what planet these FB Expats are from. If they're not savvy enough to know that they have a very good English speaking Mayor in G.I. who would assist and inform or, that they don't know his telephone number and probably don't even know where his office is...... One may as well take advice from someone down the Pub on Rocket Science as listen to their outpourings without any qualifying information to the subject matter itself. Of course, if you don't pay your Water Bills, you will eventually get cut off.

Another British friend of mine had their Village Water Pump Stolen over night even though it weighed a Tonne or less. If they hadn't have known the reason for no water supply, they too could have been beating their drums on FB and running their village, their region and the country down in one fell swoop. Then you get the, ''I'm now in Bulgaria so I must be a qualified Builder'' types who could well have made a right bodge job of running their water pipes from the Mains Stop Cock to their taps.

The organisation responsible for the Regional Mains Water Supplies in Bulgaria are called ''Вода и канализация'' (Water & Sewage) or, just abbreviated to ВиK. They have websites with email and telephone contact numbers and also give warnings when there are pipe bursts and expected off times for repairs and maintenance, but of course, it is all in Bulgarian.

Lastly, you came across in your initial reply to DD suggesting that you were put off from buying in General Inzovo due to the water shortages which you then inferred was a common thing about which, let's face it, puts a dampener to any prospective purchaser reading your post about her property based on what exactly, some limited exchange on FB without them supplying any supportive facts.

I rest my case, I have more important things to do than continue in this thread as hopefully, it has been finally established that for 95% or more of the residents in G.I. there is not a problem with the Mains Water supply. On the other-hand, there is a huge problem with Mains Water in my village as we don't have any, never have and probably never will so we rely on Well water or, in my case, a 30 metre deep Borehole and electrical driven pump. It is all part and parcel of living in a very poor former communist country, but I prefer it this way than paying through the nose in UK Water Rates, but I digress.

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

Please don't reply to an advert if you are NOT interested - this is not so much a discussion area but a FREE space in which to advertise - please don't abuse it.

I copied and pasted the above which comes from the Mod about the Free Ads Forum.
As JJON had no interest in buying DD's property, he should have refrained from commenting as per above which he probably didn't even read before posting.
As for someone who is dreaming about living here trying to give advice to someone who has lived here many years and really doesn't want to leave, words fail me. They don't really but I didn't want to be too rude.
So I think we should put a stop to this now and try and let DD get on with the job of trying to sell her house.

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
Please don't reply to an advert if you are NOT interested - this is not so much a discussion area but a FREE space in which to advertise - please don't abuse it.

I copied and pasted the above which comes from the Mod about the Free Ads Forum.
As JJON had no interest in buying DD's property, he should have refrained from commenting as per above which he probably didn't even read before posting

Lol, maybe you should practice what you preach ZZ? Very Happy
Oops

As for not being interested in buying DD's house, while it is a little above my planned budget currently, that may well change shortly if a work opportunity comes through (hence my suggestion of making more of the good internet options available in GI) so it's entirely possible that I would consider paying DD a visit in the next few months if it hasn't sold by then.

zoomzoom wrote:
As for someone who is dreaming about living here trying to give advice to someone who has lived here many years and really doesn't want to leave, words fail me. They don't really but I didn't want to be too rude.

I'm sure you're right, a prospective buyer making suggestions on what info they like to see in an advert couldn't possibly be of any use Rolling Eyes

I'm beginning to understand why this forum is almost dead.

TheMod
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:55 am 
Post subject:

Enough!

Let's now just let DD get her house sold.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> In Bulgaria Free Ads All times are GMT
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2