InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< September 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dilemma - What to do?
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Dilemma what to do

starry wrote:
So pleased for you ZZ. I only mentioned about keeping the house because I miss my house that I had to sell in order to return to Britain due to finances. However, I think once a decision has been made its best to cut all ties or else you don't move forward.

Well, I hope she doesn't burn all of her bridges to Bulgaria as who else is going to come on here late in the evenings and put us all in our places! Wink Laughing

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:34 pm 
Post subject:

CG, owe people money? Laughing Yes, I know you were joking but probably the least likely person to owe anyone money, I am owed money though which I won't ever see but not in the UK. Cheers for the HUGS.

Starry, I have a lovely house but it is far too big for me to rattle around in and cope with alone. I have liked it here (we both did) but circumstances change and decisions have to be made.

MW, If I return to the UK, I might still be looking in from time to time to keep my eye on you lot, so watch out! Wink Laughing

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
If I return to the UK, I might still be looking in from time to time to keep my eye on you lot, so watch out! Wink Laughing

If you don't, we'll send a couple of no-necks over to remind you of what you're missing... Cool

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:
If I return to the UK, I might still be looking in from time to time to keep my eye on you lot, so watch out! Wink Laughing

If you don't, we'll send a couple of no-necks over to remind you of what you're missing... Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am 
Post subject:

Just been reading this again and although I told CG I would not be giving it a year, as some of you know I am still here a year on. I also told Starry I would not be keeping the house on but there have been developments, so thought I would let you all know about it.
I am so close to one BG family here, they treat me like family and I think of them the same.
I told them I wanted to sell the house and return to the UK. They don't want me to go and I will be very upset to leave them, there has already been tears on both sides.
Well, her Father made me an offer for the house. I may or may not have got more if I put it up for sale but with the housing market here, it could have taken ages, so I accepted.
He is buying it with a view to it eventually going to my friends son (his grandson), who is only 14 at the moment. So they will maintain it but there will be nobody living in it and I have the option of staying in it any time I want until the end of my days (his idea, not mine of course). That has been written into a preliminary contract and two thirds of the money is already in my bank account.
I have seen a couple of houses on the internet in the area I came from but can't get over there for a few weeks, so I am hoping they are still for sale when I can get there as they normally sell quite quickly in that area. I have been feeling quite nervous about it all and didn't know why. It could be that a lot of building has gone on there and I'm not sure if I'll still like it but a cousin says it's happening all over.

CountryGirl
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

That's a rather surprising development Zoomzoom! Very Happy  
zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

That's an understatement CG. Wink
I'm still having a job believing it myself.

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

Go for it ZZ. I know of two members from here (Mestalla and another female member whose nickname I forget now), anyway, they both left Bulgaria late last year and neither of them are finding the UK so bad and the latter, is like you insofar as she lost her Husband here to cancer and was on her own albeit, as far as I know, she did not have close Bulgarian friends as you appear to have.

You only live once and have to do what is best for you.

Good luck in all of your future ventures and please do pop in now and again to keep that Seedy fellow under control.

mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 am 
Post subject:

Hi All

From freezing,ice and a bit of snow uk.....Well zz,you've finally plucked up the courage to return.Moving anywhere is a big decision,one which we did just before xmas,and we have no regrets at all...up to now.
It's what you make it where ever you live.Only thing I find,is that you do have neighbours on top of you,but luckily we have good ones...oh,they actually talk too.
I even cleaned her gutters out at the same time I did ours,a neighbourly kind of thing Laughing .
So you see,if you have a positive attitude,you will get on where ever you are generally.
Good luck zz where ever you end up Wink

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am 
Post subject:

Cheers MW and I agree that Seedy fellow needs to be kept under control at times. Wink
Mestala, neighbours are one of the things that bothered me. You never know what they will be like and coming from a detached house on the end of a village, it's a concern going from that to having people on top of you.
Sounds like you have struck lucky in that respect and a good neighbour yourself, maybe I should come and live near you. Wink Laughing

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

Having been extremely lucky with the sale of my house, my luck couldn't hold.
The house I was hoping to get has now got an offer on it. I knew it was a possibility as I couldn't get over there sooner but I am very upset. Another house I was going to view, I now have concerns about. Next door one side was sold 4 months ago. Next door the other side has just had an offer on it.
Three houses all next door to each other for sale within the space of a few months. It could be coincidence but it makes me wonder if there's a problem family round there.
Unless something else suitable comes up, it looks like my already booked trip could be a waste of time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Page 4 of 4