InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< June 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akt 16
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> Property Buying & Selling Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:51 am 
Post subject:

Mr Wolf, you still need the equivalent of Building Regs Approval and, I believe, Planning Permission if it's bigger in any direction than certain criteria. It has to be registered at the cadaster, with a new skitsa to show what is there now and certificates to demonstrate why it might differ from any previous Notary Act. You're also supposed to show that all necessary anti-earthquake and other safety regulations were adhered to.

If the "builder" didn't know what the legislation requires then you can bet that he probably also didn't know what he was doing; if he knew but didn't care, one might well wonder if the place is safe to live in - or to sell to some unsuspecting sod on the strength of a dodgy paid-for permit in the future. Failure to disclose ALL relevant information, even if it's not asked for, renders your insurance invalid and the possibility of a subsequent purchaser, or my own family or visitors, being injured - or worse - because I was ripped off and decided to hide the fact isn't one that fits with my own personal morality.

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 am 
Post subject:

Interesting because, I extended my small house and did nothing either except put in a good thick reinforced concrete slab and I will have to work retrospectively with that at some stage albeit, for my 180 square metre garages/workshop/dairy, I did go the whole legal route and had architects plans submitted and accepted and was quite surprised at the amount of work and money required to make the anti-earthquake foundations.

At some stage, I will renovate the original house and join it to falling down barns and will seek advice and obtain planning permission as I am not sure what is required when you're using the original foundations albeit, the house and the barns have stood for over 50 years and do not show any sign of structural damage or subsidence (the barns are falling down due to wood rot only). There again, touchwood, I have been subjected to an earthquake in the close vicinity of my village nor ever felt one here as yet.

AJ113
Toddler
Toddler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
I'm sorry to sound thick here, BUT if you rebuilt on the original foundations and did not extend the height of your build above 1 metre of the original roof height of the building then, A) you needed no planning permission and B) you require no AKTS whatsoever.
A common misconception. All new builds require planning permission and AKT 16, regardless of their footprint.

Quote:
...what exactly is the problem?
Selling the house. It's worth the value of the land it sits on without AKT 16.  
AJ113
Toddler
Toddler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 am 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
...If the "builder" didn't know what the legislation requires then you can bet that he probably also didn't know what he was doing; if he knew but didn't care, one might well wonder if the place is safe to live in - or to sell to some unsuspecting sod on the strength of a dodgy paid-for permit in the future. Failure to disclose ALL relevant information, even if it's not asked for, renders your insurance invalid and the possibility of a subsequent purchaser, or my own family or visitors, being injured - or worse - because I was ripped off and decided to hide the fact isn't one that fits with my own personal morality.
To make the assumption that a building is not constructed properly on the basis that it is devoid of certain legalities is a non sequitur. Just to clarify, you or your family will not be staying in, or purchasing my house, so you have nothing to worry about.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

AJ113 wrote:
Seedy wrote:
...If the "builder" didn't know what the legislation requires then you can bet that he probably also didn't know what he was doing; if he knew but didn't care, one might well wonder if the place is safe to live in - or to sell to some unsuspecting sod on the strength of a dodgy paid-for permit in the future. Failure to disclose ALL relevant information, even if it's not asked for, renders your insurance invalid and the possibility of a subsequent purchaser, or my own family or visitors, being injured - or worse - because I was ripped off and decided to hide the fact isn't one that fits with my own personal morality.
To make the assumption that a building is not constructed properly on the basis that it is devoid of certain legalities is a non sequitur. Just to clarify, you or your family will not be staying in, or purchasing my house, so you have nothing to worry about.

Really? Rolling Eyes But it isn't a non sequitur that the "builder" either didn't know or didn't care about "certain legalities" but nonetheless observed all the necessary building codes and norms? You clearly have scant regard for either the law or your responsibility to others who may be unfortunate enough to buy or visit your illegal property and your question regarding who to bribe in order to obtain spurious spurious "permission" tells us all we need to know about your own honesty and morality.

I have little doubt that you'd be howling about immigrants coming to your country and behaving as though the law doesn't apply to them but apparently it's okay for you to behave in such an arrogant way. As you say, I'm unlikely to knowingly buy or visit your property and you can't imagine how comforting I find that thought... Evil or Very Mad

AJ113
Toddler
Toddler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

I wondered why this forum was so quiet. Now I know.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

And what is it that you "know"? That we have a shortage of people who break the rules and laws of the country in which we are guests? That we have morals and behave like honest people? That we don't approve of bribing people just because we didn't bother to get the proper permissions for OUR building work and we don't blame our builders for not doing what we should have done?

There are enough criminals and dodgy individuals here in Bulgaria already - we don't need any more, thank you...

AJ113
Toddler
Toddler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

No actually, what I know is that your unwarranted vitriol is enough to drive anyone away. You should consider receiving counselling for that large chip on your shoulder. Enjoy your empty forum.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

"Unwarranted"? You have the brass neck to come here and openly ask people to help you break the law and then invent some bizarre reason why you're in the right and I prefer to uphold the law and behave properly due to a "chip on my shoulder"? Very Happy

I can assure you that it would take a much more honourable - and bright - person than you clearly are to faze me in even the slightest degree: don't forget to close the Forum Door on your way out.... Twisted Evil

PS Even if you were inclined to, please DON'T bother to reply: if I want to trade inanities with an idiot there's a very handy gypsy mahala that I can drive to in a few minutes - and their morality and honesty are also reminiscent of yours, albeit they don't posture and try to cloud the issue.

Tabbul
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
"Unwarranted"? You have the brass neck to come here and openly ask people to help you break the law and then invent some bizarre reason why you're in the right and I prefer to uphold the law and behave properly due to a "chip on my shoulder"? Very Happy

I can assure you that it would take a much more honourable - and bright - person than you clearly are to faze me in even the slightest degree: don't forget to close the Forum Door on your way out.... Twisted Evil

PS Even if you were inclined to, please DON'T bother to reply: if I want to trade inanities with an idiot there's a very handy gypsy mahala that I can drive to in a few minutes - and their morality and honesty are also reminiscent of yours, albeit they don't posture and try to cloud the issue.

Bravo!

Xanthos
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:

A little harsh, but proportionately fair! However, it reminds me a little of the 'Life of Pi', as symbiosis is a necessary consequence for survival Wink

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

"Harsh", sir? Who, sir - me, sir? Some mistake surely! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> Property Buying & Selling Help All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2