InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< July 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess Who's To Blame?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:01 pm 
Post subject: Guess Who's To Blame?

Ethnic Violence, Women Wearing Pampers Because They Daren't Use The Toilets At Night.....

Quote:
..drug dealing, alcohol abuse and prostitution are rampant and clashes between rival ethnic groups rife...

And "the frustration of waiting for a notoriously slow-moving system" to line people up for bennies, free housing and services is the only thing responsible for this terrible state of affairs. Who knew that when "humans" behave worse than animals, it's actually all due to our Yuman Rites not being delivered quickly enough? Presumably there will be free pardon doled out for inhuman behaviour going back to the Year Dot now - unless it was done by Europeans centuries ago, of course, in which case substantial compo is called for.... Rolling Eyes

atticjon
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

As far as I can make out from the article, most in the camp are Syrian and Iraqi refugees running away from war and ISIS, can't really blame them. They are trying to improve their position in the world, probably from a position of nothing. I thought you would approve? They have had the guts to get out of a bad situation and try for something better, perhaps a lot of them could do well in the west? I understand you've done a lot Seedy, but you have probably never been up to your neck to the same level as these people. If things had been halfway decent at home they would have stayed there. As for your prostitution and drugs reference, these are the capitalist economies of desperate and deprived people. Walk a mile etc.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:10 pm 
Post subject:

Atticjon, I'm well aware that I am fortunate to have been born when, where and how I was, and I'm also not immune to the sufferings of other inhabitants of this overcrowded globe, whether they belong to the human or other species.

The ethnicity of the "refugees" on Mytilini is of no particular relevance but, just as a matter of record, there is a large percentage of Afghans there along with the ubiquitous Syrians and Iraqis. What is relevant, however, is that these "unfortunates" are busily engaged in drug dealing, forced prostitution, inter-ethnic violence and rape, to the extent that the female migrants among them wear pampers rather than risk falling victim to male "refugees" who regard them as fair game. That might strike you as no more than "cultural differences" but to me it shows that these are not the kind of people who are in any way deserving of our compassion or charity. Moreover, many of these "unfortunates" are fleeing the results of choosing the wrong side to back in inter-ethnic conflicts; if the boot were on the other foot, they'd be the ones forcing other people to flee for their lives due to their savage behaviour based on no more than primitive tribal and religious differences.

I have no problem with them "trying to improve their position" in THEIR world but I see no sense in importing medieval attitudes and behaviour into OURS; if they're unable or unwilling to act in an even vaguely civilised manner then it behoves us, as ever, to defend our borders against barbarity. If they're not prepared to pay so much as lip service to civilised life while throwing themselves on the charity of Europe and expecting to be housed, fed, medically treated and educated at the expense of other people then I have not the slightest sympathy for them.

My reference to prostitution etc was a direct quote from the article itself: what you mean by "the capitalist economies of desparate and deprived people" completely escapes me, I'm afraid. What is clear, however, is that these are not the kind of people who we need in Europe and nor do they show any sense of understanding that such behaviour is entirely intolerable, even in our rapidly deteriorating culture. A little humility and gratitude goes a long way but all these folk seem to show is a sense of entitlement - just where THAT comes from is pretty clear to me but doubtless you'll have your own take on it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1