InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< December 2019 >>

M T W T F S S
            1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031         


In Bulgaria: Forums   


 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria.
 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm 
Post subject: Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria.
Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you happen to know my friend Margie Nieuwkerk? I met her several years ago on another forum (Survivalist Boards.com) and used to have regular contact with her. I have been unable to contact her via email or telephone recently. The Telephone number I had for her has been disconnected. She lived in Bulgaria but I never knew what village. I hope she is okay and just been busy but it has been more than 7 months since she responded to an email. She would be about 70 years old. She also goes by the name Daisy. If you happen to know her let me know....Thanks  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 am 
Post subject: Re: Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria.
Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
I was wondering if any of you happen to know my friend Margie Nieuwkerk? I met her several years ago on another forum (Survivalist Boards.com) and used to have regular contact with her. I have been unable to contact her via email or telephone recently. The Telephone number I had for her has been disconnected. She lived in Bulgaria but I never knew what village. I hope she is okay and just been busy but it has been more than 7 months since she responded to an email. She would be about 70 years old. She also goes by the name Daisy. If you happen to know her let me know....Thanks

This is definitely her on Facebook, I think - as there are news stories about Bulgaria highlighted on her homepage. However, she's not posted there since 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/margie.nieuwkerk

Try sending a private message to her on FB, while at the same time you could contact some of her 59 friends, explaining why you are asking and why you are concerned. I see that 4 of the friends have the same family name as her, so I feel they're sure to know.

Perhaps best not to blitz all 59 friends at once as they may compare notes and think it's a scam of some sort and not reply to you. You can also provide them with a link to this post to support that you're genuine.

Hope this helps you...
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie


Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 6508

Location: Sofia, Dupnitsa, Lincs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:33 am 
Post subject: Re: Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria.
Reply with quote

erehwon wrote:
You can also provide them with a link to this post to support that you're genuine.


But better make it quick - if InBG disappears before they check, they'll be sure it's a scam...you Nigerian Prince Shane, you. Wink
_________________
Passer sa vie à lutter contre la connerie est le meilleur procédé pour mourir épuisé
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 am 
Post subject: Re: Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria.
Reply with quote

Seedy wrote:
erehwon wrote:
You can also provide them with a link to this post to support that you're genuine.


But better make it quick - if InBG disappears before they check, they'll be sure it's a scam...you Nigerian Prince Shane, you. Wink


I know you're joking really, Seedy - but all this will still be here in 5 year's time. The OP can always take a screen-grab now as supporting evidence anyway.

He could also post an appeal on her homepage - I forgot about that one... Wink
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea about checking Facebook but I am not on Facebook so I cannot contact her that way. I am just wondering if she is okay. Last time I heard from her was early this year. I have emailed her several times recently and no response and her telephone number is now disconnected. She would always message me back within a few days before. I am just afraid she may have passed away or had to go in a rest home is my only reason for asking. I am NOT a Nigerian prince or scam artist in anyway.  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
Thanks for the idea about checking Facebook but I am not on Facebook so I cannot contact her that way. I am just wondering if she is okay. Last time I heard from her was early this year. I have emailed her several times recently and no response and her telephone number is now disconnected. She would always message me back within a few days before. I am just afraid she may have passed away or had to go in a rest home is my only reason for asking. I am NOT a Nigerian prince or scam artist in anyway.

OK Shane - it's not that hard to join FB but if you have reservations about doing so because of privacy concerns, I am willing to send a few messages on your behalf. I have a Caucasian and 'honest face' so I'm sure they'll believe me. Smile I will also link to this page.

Let me know if you would like me to do this for you.
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

It would be impossible for me to join because I was banned. Really, if you could just make an inquiry on my behalf with a couple of the relatives on FB and just ask if she is okay and you may tell them I am a friend of hers from a page called survivalist boards.com I would be happy to give you my telephone number by PM if you like. I promise I am not a stalker or criminal. If you like you can give them my email address rr98guy@gmail.com

Regards Shane
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

A couple of links to survivalist boards .com threads she and I have spoken on before.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=198885

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=792457

the first one is her thread about her life in Bulgaria and the second one is my thread about life in Hungary and she did post on my thread.
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
It would be impossible for me to join because I was banned. Really, if you could just make an inquiry on my behalf with a couple of the relatives on FB and just ask if she is okay and you may tell them I am a friend of hers from a page called survivalist boards.com I would be happy to give you my telephone number by PM if you like. I promise I am not a stalker or criminal. If you like you can give them my email address rr98guy@gmail.com

Regards Shane

Shock horror probe!! Banned from FB...?! Smile It's easy enough to use a VPN (Opera has one inbuilt into the browser) and a modified name to rejoin, but that's up to you...

I'll initially send a carefully worded message to a couple of relatives on FB and I'll report back to you via PM if anything comes back. Just in case this site should close down suddenly, I have made a note of your email. You could send me your phone number by PM now too if you want, for the same reason.
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:46 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

PM sent erehwon  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
PM sent erehwon


and replied....
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Good news Margie is okay, Thanks to all for your help.  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erehwon
Matured Member
Matured Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2012
Posts: 727


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
Good news Margie is okay, Thanks to all for your help.

Apart from adding a (very small) element of warped humour, I personally don't think Seedy helped that much...

So nothing new there then... Laughing

Good news anyway, OP...
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shane
In The Prime
In The Prime


Joined: Feb 07, 2013
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

erehwon wrote:
Shane wrote:
Good news Margie is okay, Thanks to all for your help.

Apart from adding a (very small) element of warped humour, I personally don't think Seedy helped that much...

So nothing new there then... Laughing

Good news anyway, OP...


Nothing wrong with a little twisted humour every now and again.

I am just happy to hear from her again. I was fearing the worst.

Seedy need not worry, I am pretty harmless and NOT a 419 scammer. Nor do I need help getting money or diamonds cleared through customs somewhere. Smile Smile Smile
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie


Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 6508

Location: Sofia, Dupnitsa, Lincs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

erehwon wrote:
Apart from adding a (very small) element of warped humour, I personally don't think Seedy helped that much...

So nothing new there then... Laughing

Good news anyway, OP...


We Aim To Please...

And good news indeed Smile
_________________
Passer sa vie à lutter contre la connerie est le meilleur procédé pour mourir épuisé
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
 
 Page 1 of 1

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Jump to:   

Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group

Lastest InBg Forum Postings - The Serious Stuff   
Just Testing.... Posted By:Trev @ 10:19:31 PM
Rubbish and fly tipping Posted By:Seedy @ 06:54:45 AM
UK to BG March 2020 Posted By:tonytg806 @ 06:15:41 PM
NEW Stoevtsi village 5347 Near Gabrovo Posted By:Janus @ 12:33:54 PM
Anyone know Margie Nieuwkerk? An expat in Bulgaria. Posted By:Seedy @ 10:49:57 AM
Understanding Your Bulgarian Electricity Bill? Posted By:Seedy @ 01:22:14 PM
Understanding Your Bulgarian Electricity Bill? Posted By:Cliff @ 08:40:32 PM
Tenovo Posted By:babsieb59 @ 06:01:26 PM
BYE BYE IN-BULGARIA Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 09:48:36 AM
Karan Varbovka and surrounding area Posted By:Janus @ 12:55:54 PM
Remember autograph books? Posted By:tonytg806 @ 12:09:30 PM
BREXIT NEWS Posted By:tonytg806 @ 12:08:23 PM
NEW PC Propaganda, Anyone? Posted By:Seedy @ 10:03:01 AM
Forgotten anything?... Posted By:erehwon @ 08:56:18 AM
Conundrum... Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 08:37:21 AM
Ironic Posted By:TheMod @ 09:08:19 PM
For absolutely no reason... Posted By:tonytg806 @ 07:01:40 PM
Advice needed Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 03:22:27 PM
Mason jars , lids and rings Posted By:Janus @ 10:10:57 AM
Carpenter to make doors? Posted By:tonytg806 @ 05:35:03 PM

Lastest InBg Forum Postings - The Lighter Side   
Get them in. Posted By:tonytg806 @ 02:31:03 PM
Can't Stand The Bloody Woman Myself But.... Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 12:45:11 AM
Whats cooking Posted By:Cliff @ 09:39:05 PM
for those concerned Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 12:32:50 AM
Bloody Greeks! Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 12:22:47 AM
Christmas in your face..... Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 12:15:20 AM
Who Needs Money For The NHS.... Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 11:45:17 PM
Does This.... Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 11:37:39 PM
Formula 1 Posted By:scasparz @ 03:13:11 PM
The "Royle Family" Wedding Posted By:Seedy @ 12:18:47 PM

The In Bulgaria Free Ads   
NEW WHEELCHAIR FOR SALE Posted By:ChrisF @ 11:12:04 AM
House for sale in General Inzovo Posted By:Moscow_Wolf @ 11:46:59 PM
NEW 2. Wanted Bed apartment garden eden Posted By:Daz @ 08:54:19 PM
Jacuzzi hot tub Posted By:moonlight @ 04:30:42 PM
Flymo Hover Vac 280 mower for sale Posted By:moonlight @ 05:53:37 PM
House For Sale in Lovech Posted By:atticjon @ 10:36:37 PM
prity cw28 fire for sale Posted By:Seedy @ 01:08:52 PM
Property for sale Momchilovtsi nr Pamporovo Rhodopa mountain Posted By:Seedy @ 06:20:23 PM
Tyres for sale Posted By:mestala @ 06:56:23 PM
Wanted a long term let Posted By:Studiokam @ 04:37:17 PM

In Bulgaria Gallery   
Latest pictures added to the In Bulgaria Gallery. Just click on an image to view a larger version.

Posted By: plevenite

Posted By: Sleepy

Posted By: Sleepy

Posted By: Seedy

Bulgarian Weather   

Click for Sofia, Bulgaria Forecast Click for Plovdiv, Bulgaria Forecast Click for Varna, Bulgaria Forecast Click for Burgas, Bulgaria Forecast


Time  

Currency converter  
Enter Value

Supporters  
Dreams Real Estate Banner



Follow On Twitter  

Ebay Property  

Web design and programming by The IT Place